יום שלישי, 19 במרץ 2013

Beginning the day SMOOTHLY

By now, if there's anything all my roommates have learned about lving with me is that mornings are extremely difficult to me. Since very young, coming out of bed is a nightmare. My roommates have experienced even TWO hours of "snooze" time. And I have suffered because of this: threatens of pillow attacks from a roommate who used to sleep on a bunk bed. And nothing worked to take me out of my dreams during the morning.

So now I'm trying to make this moment a little bit less... let's say... traumatic? Stretching, green tea and a good smoothie help life to come back to this human being. I tried cold coffee on some days. But since I'm not pretty much used to drinking coffee, the quick increase in the caffeine levels on my blood always caused a sensation close to drug abuse. I REALLY felt stoned for the whole morning. So better not trying...

The smoothies worked perfectly though. Mainly in this pre-Pessach time, when you want to get rid of all oats , whey germ and granola you were storing at your kitchen. (And, since I'm ashkenazi, I also got rid of all kitinyot). In all this there was still one problem. Smoothies are wonderful with real yogurt, but I'm intolerant to lactose (affff...), then I had to apply extra amount of creativity. But now my two fav recipes are totally dairy-free. First I mix mango juice, vanilla soy milk, bananas, oats, honey and (if budget allows) strawberries.  For the second mix i use my own chocolate rice milk -I'm a very DIY person, vanilla extract, dates and pears.

A full glass of a good smoothie, a cup of green tea and some pomegranate don't make me happily ever after on mornings, but help things fall back into place in such early hours.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה